Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DuckNapping!!!!

Well I have had someone take my ducks right out of my hen house.  No it is not an animal like some may think.  I found a piece of clothing this morning that definitely was not there last night and it doesn't belong to anyone in my house.  Three nights ago I lost 2 ducks and last night I lost 1.

Freckles and Crook Shank were the first two that came up missing three nights ago.



Baby is the 1 that come up missing last night.

  Now this is how we know it is a person.  Besides the cloth, the ducks were under a milk crate in side one of those dog houses that you can take the top off of.  I put hay in the bottom of the dog house put the ducks in and put the milk crate over them and put the top to the dog house back on the bottom enclosing the ducks in basically 2 cages.  There is no holes under the fence, in the fence, or over the fence.  Yes we have mesh over the run of the chicken coop.  No holes in the chicken coop either.  The gate has never been left open, the latch is always locked.  None of my chickens have stopped laying eggs, there has never been any ruckus in the coop at night.  If it was an animal wouldn't they take the ducks on the floor in the open not in the cage, or the chickens on the roost instead of the ducks in the cages?  We will see I am leaving the booby traps in the coop and the run until I catch whoever is doing this.  My kids are basically being torchered because their ducks are coming up missing.  We never had a problem when our chickens were little why the ducks?

No comments:

Post a Comment